Monday, March 30, 2015

Postpartum depression

I was so afraid of having postpartum depression. I knew it was highly probable that I would have it. So i made sure that my husband was informed about what it is. 

PPD is no joke, and I wanted to be sure that I would not hurt myself or our baby. I can say that the first month after giving birth was the hardest part for me. Adjusting to the thought that I am no longer the same. That my life and its purpose has been irrevocably changed - it was immensely threatening. I took on a challenge that I wasn't sure if I can handle. I was worried about my state of mind, body, spirit and making sure our offspring is okay. 

I had my placenta encapsulated, as it helps with PPD. And I think it did, plus the support of my husband and stopping my pain medication for my c-section. After the first month, I knew it was better. I still didn't know if I was doing things right but we'll be okay. I have to relax and know that I am doing my best for our daughter. Our best. And it will always be our best, when it comes to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment